Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 9, Thing #22 - Audiobooks

Although I am looking forward to listening to audiobooks through NetLibrary, I was a bit disappointed in the holdings of both NetLibrary and Overdrive. Neither had anything by Ursula K. Le Guin, and I had trouble locating the children's literature I would have enjoyed listening to. I also had trouble searching, but then I got smart and looked at "help" on NetLibrary. Whew! That cleared things up a bit. I think users might not think to go to help to find out proper searches, but that's OK. Sooner or later, they'll get it right. I'd rather not wait until later, however.
OK, so I finally got a couple of Alexander McCall Smith novels in my Favorites folder, and when I finish my 23 Things (really, really soon), maybe I will then get to listen to one of them. No, all of them! I don't think I will try to download anything yet, because I would have to do that on my home computer, and I really, really don't want to listen to these in front of a computer. I'll wait...deferred gratification.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Donna,
Just FYI. We did not purchase the children's literature module for NetLibrary/Recorded Books-hence the lack of children's audiobooks in the NetLibrary/Recorded Books product. Overdrive does has Books on Tape/Listening Library and the consortium has been trying to purchase more children's titles, but with a limited budget each month sometimes we have needed to focus on the holds list and more adult bestsellers. Just for your information!