Friday, June 1, 2007

Week 3, Thing #6 Mashups

I've spent a lot of time looking at these various toys on Flickr, and yes, they are fun, etc., but since I don't own a digital camera, I'm not sure I will use any of the toys anytime soon. However, if I did, I think I'd make a calendar. Yes, I could even do evil things with it, like create a calendar of delicious-looking foods for my friends who are perpetually dieting - lots of rich chocolate desserts, mountains of ice cream during the summer months, images like that. I could create a calendar of snakes, let's say, and give it to a friend who is scared of snakes - a different snake each month. I could torture people with things like that. But then I'd lose my friends, wouldn't I? But, hey, isn't this supposed to be fun? If I don't have a digital camera to play with, I can have fun thinking about what I could do if I did have a camera.

2 comments:

Lindabeekeeper said...

Do you have a cell phone? Many of them take pictures that you can download. I've never done it--something I've got to try. I guess I have to add cell phone pics to my list of technology to play with.

Alan Zuckerman said...

Based on what you'd do if you had a digital camera...Please get one, and include me among your enemies! My weakness, in general, is any kind of ethnic cuisine (though I won't eat sea urchins).

Digital cameras are getting quite cheap, and as Linda says, maybe your cell phone (do you have one of those?) can take pictures. How to transfer them to your computer is a question that philosophers have been pondering down through the ages.