Friday, June 22, 2007

Week 7 - Thing #17 Playing in the Sandbox

I glanced at some of the other blogs yesterday, and I realized that everyone else seems to be having a lot more fun with this. I'm diligently and studiously working through my 23 Things, and each one is an interesting task, but the keyword here is "task," as in work. So I'm going to have fun from now on, following the very good example of my library pals who are just having some fun.


So of course, the first thing I do is get very serious about which Favorite Books to include in the Maryland Libraries Sandbox, and instead of saying "any Nancy Drew book," I say something about Heinrich Boll, who writes about Catholic existentialism and war and turmoil of the soul, all that heavy German stuff. I need to tell myself, "Lighten up!!"


I've added my blog to the blog place and all that.


So what is this for? Well, I have the information at hand now to create a wiki for, let's say, planning our big trip this summer to be part of my son's wedding. (I'll keep it private, of course.) Or maybe we members of the Public Services Division steering committee of MLA could set up a wiki for our next program scheduled for the fall. Hmmm...that might work. Or maybe I could use a wiki to plan my annual end-of-the-summer party for my friends, when we can hang out in my backyard and drink cosmopolitans. Yes, the possibilities are endless.


Just for fun, this is what a cosmopolitan looks like:

No comments: