Friday, June 15, 2007

Week 5, Thing #10, cont. - Avatars

OK, here it is, my little avatar thing. Ain't she sweet?

Avatars are a little bit fun but kind of silly. I mean, they are so skinny for one, and I know we are trying to combat obesity in America and all that, and maybe your skinny little avatar will be some sort of inspiration to walk off those extra pounds. I don't know. I do know that I've dutifully created an avatar, and now that I've learned how to export her image, I'll introduce you to her. I'm calling her "Roman Woman" - she's skinny (well, yeah, what else is new?); she has Face 2 with dark brown eyes, short, messy hair, a purple chiton (that's an article of clothing, not a deformity or anything like that), and a tropical rainforest background. I might change that part of it. I didn't realize it was a rainforest. I thought it was just a deciduous forest. She's got those big eyes that remind me of that mediocre artist, Margaret Keane. (See also "Welcome to Keane Eyes Gallery.") Did you ever see Sleeper , the Woody Allen movie about the guy who gets frozen and then is defrosted way in the future? In one scene, the Diane Keaton character is looking at a painting of something, I don't know, a puppy dog or something, with those big eyes, and she exclaims in awe and appreciation that it is "Keane, really, really Keane...no, it's Cugat!" Both mediocrities. Anyway, these avatars all have big eyes like Keane paintings. Well, not quite as big as those, but big enough to remind me of Diane Keaton in that movie. Anyway, I'm sorry that you cannot view the avatar. If you figure out how to download the Yahoo avatar, let me know.



2 comments:

Jennie said...

Donna, I used Yahoo Avatars, and I was able to post mine to my blog. I can show you how.
Jennifer

Lindabeekeeper said...

To upload your Avatar, you need to find the HTML code that is generated when you make it. Usually, you click on "share" or "upload to blog" or something like that. You will then see a box with some programming code in it. Highlight the code and copy it to your clipboard. Then go to your blog, and click on the layout tab. Click on Add a Page Element. A list will pop up on the left.

Under HTML/Javascript, click on the Add to blog button. Paste the HTML code from your Avatar in the box and give it a title.

That's it! It sounds harder than it actually is.

Good luck!