Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 5 - Thing #12 - Rolling my own

OK, I've created a Rollyo search engine for foreign films, which makes a lot of sense because foreign films are what I purchase for the library system. And I guess what you will want to see here is the results of one of my searches. Rashomon is a great favorite, so let's take a look, using my Rollyo search engine. Link below for the results: http://www.rollyo.com/search.html?q=rashomon&sid=297274.

So now, when I am looking up reviews or any other information on movies, I have a simpler way than opening up yet another browser, looking through my "Favorites," clicking on this source or that source until I have a whole lot of windows opened, all just for information on one movie. Now I think I'll create one for music sources.

Meanwhile, I've been looking at PLCMC's One Search, and this is precisely what we could use at HCPL, so that our patrons using something similar could search all of our databases at once. It would save them a lot of time and trouble. Isn't Web 2.0 really about easing our interaction with the Web and the Internet?

No comments: